A grilled chicken breast recipe that’s topped with a simple and delicious avocado salsa will be everyone’s go-to chicken recipe for quite some time. This low-carb chicken recipe is perfect for summer grilling and cookouts.
Salsas pair so well with a grilled chicken breast recipe. Once you add this delicious avocado salsa with your grilled chicken, you won’t have chicken any other way. The salad adds a lot of juicy and delicious flavors to the chicken dish. The chicken breasts are marinated in a citrusy garlic marinade and then grilled to perfection. This healthy and low-carb grilled chicken recipe is perfect for cookouts or family get together. The perfect meal to add to your dinner table that everyone will love.
why you will love this grilled chicken recipe
- Simple and easy: it can’t get any easier to make this grilled chicken. all you need to do it marinate the chicken, grill, and then serve with the avocado salsa.
- Healthy: this grilled chicken breast recipe is perfectly low in carbs for those who are watching their carb intake and are on a keto-diet.
- Delicious: tender and juicy chicken with each bite, this grilled chicken recipe is full of flavor. You will love it.
Ingredients you will need
Below is just a list of ingredients you will need to make this simple grilled chicken breast recipe. Full measurements are listed further down below.
boneless skinless chicken breasts or 4 chicken breasts
For the chicken Marinade:
seasonings: cumin, smoked paprika, salt, and pepper.
For the avocado salsa:
salt and pepper
How to make this grilled chicken breast recipe
- First, make the marinade and marinate the chicken: To a large bowl, add all the marinade ingredients and mix well to combine. Add in the chicken and mix to get the pieces coated on all sides. Cover and allow it to marinate into the fridge for up to 1 hour.
- Next, make the avocado salsa: Meanwhile, chop all the veggies for the salsa into small cubes. Then add them to a medium bowl and toss well to combine. Cover and keep it in the fridge until ready to serve.
- Grill the chicken breast: Heat a large grill pan or an outdoor grill over medium-high heat. Cook the chicken for 6-8 minutes per side, or until fully cooked through.
- Finally, serve with salsa: Once it’s done, allow the chicken to sit for 5 minutes before slicing it. Serve the chicken with the avocado salsa.
Frequently asked questions
It depends on the thickness of the chicken breast. If the chicken breast is large and thick with bone, it will need 8-10 minutes on each side over medium heat. Average to thin size chicken breast requires no more than 6-8 minutes per side.
If using an outdoor grill, the temperature should be around 350 degrees Fahrenheit to get tender and juicy chicken. You may use a thermometer to check when the chicken reaches an internal temperature of 165 F to check when your chicken is done cooking.
If your grilled chicken is dry, it means you cooked the chicken too much. To avoid this from happening, try not to use high heat and allow the chicken to cook slowly for 6-8 minutes per side. The chicken is perfectly ready and juicy when it reaches an internal temperature of 165F.
what to serve with grilled chicken breast
other recipes you may like
If you try a recipe and you like it, leave us some feedback in the comment section below, and don’t forget to rate it! We would love it if you shared it with friends and family.
Finally, please use our hashtag #healthyfitnessmeals on INSTAGRAM for a chance to be featured! FOLLOW Healthy Fitness Meals on FACEBOOK | INSTAGRAM | PINTEREST | TWITTER for all of our latest blog posts and recipes.
Grilled Chicken Breast with Avocado Salsa
Simple and easy to make chicken breast recipe that’s topped with avocado salsa. Tender and juicy chicken that’s perfect for every occasion.
To a large bowl, add all the marinade ingredients and mix well to combine.
Add in the chicken and mix to get the pieces coated on all sides. Cover and allow it to marinate into the fridge for up to 1 hour.
Meanwhile, chop all the veggies for the salsa into small cubes. Then add them to a medium bowl and toss well to combine. Cover and keep it in the fridge until ready to serve.
Heat a large grill pan or an outdoor grill over medium-high heat. Cook the chicken for 6-8 minutes per side, or until fully cooked through.
Once it’s done, allow the chicken to sit for 5 minutes before slicing it. Serve the chicken with the avocado salsa.
- Use lean chicken breast. you may use chicken tenders or boneless chicken thighs.
- don’t like avocados? use many or peach, they taste just as great with chicken.
- for a less spicy salsa, you may skip the jalapeno.
- if the avocado is large use only one. otherwise, you may use 2 small-sized avocados.
- use fresh garlic and cilantro for the best flavors.
- marinating the chicken is important for juicy and flavorful chicken. but if pressed for time you can marinate for 10-15 minutes.
- any other oil in place of the olive oil will work. try avocado oil.
Calories: 451kcal | Carbohydrates: 17g | Protein: 39g | Fat: 26g | Saturated Fat: 4g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 3g | Monounsaturated Fat: 16g | Trans Fat: 1g | Cholesterol: 109mg | Sodium: 210mg | Potassium: 1334mg | Fiber: 9g | Sugar: 4g | Vitamin A: 893IU | Vitamin C: 35mg | Calcium: 50mg | Iron: 2mg